CFAN's subseasonal forecasting solution (weeks 3 and 4) can help decision makers separate persisting weather patterns versus changeable ones.
CFAN’s seasonal forecast product is based on both ECMWF and NOAA’s CFS model:
• Forecasts are provided twice weekly (Tuesday and Friday)
• U.S. maps of 5 day surface temperature anomalies
• Probabilities of heat waves and cold outbreaks for key energy markets
• NH maps of upper air geopotential height and 5 day temperature anomalies
• Forecasts of 8 NH teleconnection patterns
CFAN’s subseasonal forecast products are being actively improved on the auspices of a SBIR grant from NOAA [link].